Soft-Wash Roof Cleaning
Our Low-Pressure Roof Cleaning Method Removes Black Streaks, Algae, Moss, Lichen and Will Restore Your Roof To Its Best Possible Condition!
Roof Warranty Safe!
No Hassle, No Obligation Estimates.
Virtual Pricing available.
We follow the manufacturers guidelines to affordably clean roofs in Middle Tennessee
Improperly or Never Cleaning Your Roof May Cost You Your Warranty.
Are We The Best Roof Cleaning Company For You?
- Southern Solution is a Licensed, Insured, and Trained Roof Cleaning Service. Cleaning a roof can be extremely dangerous, especially when done incorrectly. We are able to take that worry away by safely cleaning your roof by the manufacturers cleaning guidelines.
- Almost all roofs can be cleaned without walking your roof, we apply a detergent from the gutter line with the pressure of a garden hose.
- We are trained in, and follow procedures for the Soft-wash method that is recommended by ARMA, The Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association.
- Pressure Washing a Roof is not recommended for almost all roof types, especially asphalt shingle. Shingle manufacturers recommend a low-pressure detergent solution to avoid granule loss and remove the growth that is eating at your roof.
- We are knowledgeable with the detergents we use. We collect the roof run-off from the gutters and recycle it.
- We will take great care of your landscaping and property.When we wash a roof, we have one technician on the ground rinsing the plants and grass around the house to dilute any chemical solution overspray this way it does not do anything other than what it’s supposed to.
A Few Recent Reviews
Storms response to initial questions about the service he offered was immediate! He arrived on time as promised,and the price and quality of cleaning went above and beyond expectations. Definitely recommended and will use his service again. This is an honorable man I highly recommend.
Southern Solutions did a great job cleaning moss off my roof, which was damaging it. The price was reasonable and the work was done very professionally. The owner clearly takes pride in his work. I also got a price for driveway cleaning, which I will do in a few months. The price was better than the price I have received from other people and I like the cleaning process Southern Solution uses rather than the regular pressure washing most companies seem to do.
The guys at Southern Solution did a wonderful job on my mother in laws home. They were very courteous and helpful and took the time to fit us into their already busy schedule so we could surprise her when she returned from her trip. The house looks clean and shiny again and she is so happy. Thank you so much!
Professional and prompt. Service was excellent!
We are so pleased with our vinyl siding it’s bright white again! Such a Great job on gutters and siding, my husband Barry thinks it was Excellent work. 5 stars, would give 10! Thank you, Storm
Great service, great knowledge of the job, unbeatable prices. Highly recommend Southern Solution for all your exterior house cleaning needs
No Hassle, No Obligation Estimates.
Virtual Pricing available.
Roof Cleaning Is The Highest Value Adding Service For Your Homes Exterior!
- Whether you are selling or staying, the curb appeal added by a clean roof is amazing!
- Buyers immediately notice a dirty roof and think it needs to be replaced.
- Keeping the leak causing growth and unsightly stains away is critical and will provide you peace of mind.
Roofs typically start showing growth after about 5-10 years,but lack of sun, foliage, and clogged gutters can cause moisture to retain on your roof and start the roof eating growth faster.
Moss is gently removed by following the shingle manufacturers’ recommended cleaning recommendations.
Moss will root into your shingles and may push up on the edges causing a potential for leaks. Our treatment will immediately kill the moss, but it will take a few sunny and rainy day cycles to remove the moss roots and allow it all to fall off without damage.
The moss can not immediately be removed without the potential for damage.
The growth after being treated typically releases within 1-2 months. Our method will keep the granules intact that protect your roof!
Our Roof cleaning prices start at $175 for a basic small roof with a few streaks and varies from there depending on sq footage, difficulty, pitch, landscaping, and a few other factors. Our prices typically fall within .20-.40 cents per sq. ft. in most cases.
We guarantee spot-free roofs for 3 years after cleaning and will retreat at no cost if needed. Roof Cleaning when completed at the same time as a house wash or gutter cleaning could push this price even lower than .20 per sq. ft.
Our average roof cleaning price is about $600 for a complete roof on a medium-sized home. This cost is on average 20x less than replacing your roof!
Black Streaks On Shingle Roofs
- The black streaks on your roof are not dirt or jet fuel, it is actually gloeocapsa magma, which is a type of roof algae.
- The roof algae start as dots, then take on a cone shape, and will eventually cover your entire roof.
- The spores even travel to nearby roofs and spreads through neighborhoods quickly!
If the growth on your roof is left untreated the growth holds moisture within shingles, causing premature aging and rotting. All of which can lead to leaks and even needing a whole new roof which costs thousands of $$$$$$.
If gloeocapsa magma is left untreated it can turn into lichen, which is a type of moss usually seen on boulders and trees. It causes the roof shingles to deteriorate over time and can turn a roof with a 15-year warranty into a roof with a 5-year warranty.
Lichen On your Roof?
Lichen is a very hardy pest and extremely difficult to remove from the surface because of how strongly it is embedded into the granules on a roof. If you have lichen growing on your roof, then your roof is already being damaged and no more time should be wasted before removing the lichen!
If you peel lichen off your roof it will leave behind a scar, or divot. The lichen has fully fused to the granules in your shingles and peeling it off peels the granules off as well, even when it is dead. Roof washing will immediately kill lichen. However, The dead lichen will remain behind for a number of wet and dry cycles before falling off.
Roof washing will not repair the divots left behind from the lichen peeling the granules away, but it will prevent any further damage from happening.
Roof Moss Removal
- Moss will root into your shingles and may push up on the edges causing a potential for leaks.
- Our treatment will immediately kill the moss, but it will take a few sunny and rainy day cycles to remove the moss roots.
- The moss can not immediately be removed without the potential for damage.
- The growth typically releases within 1-2 months. Our method will keep the granules intact that protect your roof!
You may have moss growing on your roof without knowing. We see it often hidden under dormers or lightly growing between the cracks in the shingles.
After roof washing the moss dies and becomes bright white in color, outlining the shingles it was growing under. Once the moss is killed, so are the roots.Remember, it is much better to have the growth killed and eventually the clumps fall off the roof, than to have someone up on your roof with a power washer or scrub brushes loosening the granules of the shingles. This is actually more abusive to the roof than the growth.